- Wanted to create a website that was fully editable
- Interest in Python and django as a technology, have used Wagtail as a CMS before and enjoyed the product.
- Wanted to showcase work in different ways
- Wanted to include a blog for the bits and pieces that aren't quite 'my work' worthy
- Minimum experience in devops so learning to deploy a website using lots of tutorials.
- Initially deployed to google cloud, but wasn't happy with sharing a postgres database between development and live.
- Costs were quite high and tutorials to ease costs weren't readily available.
- Redeployed to digitalocean instead.
- Learning to serve static assets
- Learning to deploy a python project.
- Wagtail CMS
- Creation of initial design, homepage to act as a landing page main focus to be 'my work' menu.
- Creation of style guide, this was important as it would create a point of reference for all designs.
- Responsive is important
- Accessibility is important although this isn't all in place yet.